The next Private Ground Class
begins on September 20, 2016
Seize the opportunity of an
Call 450 656-0678
At The Shop
NEW ARRIVALS !!
CFS et CAP - All the data for terminal et enroute phases VFR et IFR - New Edition
Don't take off without making sure your charts are up-to-date!!
trusted gear for the bush pilot... and others too
the best value for the price in the industry
Conversion of a Canadian licence into an American licence
An agreement between the United States and Canada has been put in force regarding the conversion of « professional pilot and airline Transport pilot » licences.
The terms of this agreement have been greatly simplified, you may consult the official text by following the link to Transport Canada web site, here under:
and the corresponding link from the FAA:
The requester will have to:
- Submit a Verification of Authenticity request form to the FAA Airmen Certification Branch, AFS 760;
- Detain a valid class 2 medical certificate in order to have the privileges of the FAA professional pilot certificate;
- Totalize a minimum of 250 flight time hours;
- Successfully pass a written FAA knowledge test, appropriate to the FAA pilot certificate or rating, in the areas of air regulations and communications. The passing score is 70 percent overall;
- Candidate should be bilingual.
To download the Verification of Authenticity request form click on the link here under:
In order to prepare for the written exam, read chapters 12 and 13 of the FAA-H-8083-25 document, which link is here under:
Regarding the medical examination with a FAA doctor, in the Montreal area,the FAA-agreed Doctor is Dr Pearlman, in Dollars-des-Ormeaux near Dorval (514) 683-6799, then go to the nearest FSDO office with your American medical certificate, your Canadian licence and passport. Click on the following link to get the list of the FSDO offices:
Make sure to have the information on where and when to pass the written air law and communications FAA knowledge test.
Would you have any further question, feel free to contact us,...and have a good flight!